Soon we will be travelling through Europe on route to beautiful Cape Town. Lots of catching up to do with friends before our travells. This is not the time to be stocking up on food but rather clearing out the pantry and raiding the fridge. A recent trip to my in-laws provided me with beautiful glut of courgettes, peppers and tomatoes – and some very hot chilli’s.
We grazed on Italian Burrata with Pomegranate Seeds and a salty Goats Cheese with homemade Tomato Jam. Colourful grilled vegetables can be made ahead of time and sprinkled with fresh herbs to bring them to life. I found ripe and fragrant peaches (a rarity these days) at our local deli Bayley and Sage.
I love roasting my own nuts and usually coat them with whatever spices are at hand. I served these with homemade crispy flatbreads topped with fennel seeds.
Ingredients for the perfect Mezze
- One soft cheese – I love Burrata
- One hard cheese – I felt like something indulgent and went for a hard cheese with truffles
- Vine Cherry Tomatoes
- Variety of coloured peppers
- Homemade or store bought flatbreads
- Peaches or any ripe fruit
- Caper Berries
- Homemade or store bought Tomato Jam
- Home Roasted Nuts – I used Pine Nuts, Almonds and creamy Cashew