Chilled Cucumber and Dill Soup with Poached Salmon and Crunchy Mange-Tout, Chilli and Apple and Courgette Salad
Impress friends with this quick elegant dish which can be served ready in 20min, ideal as a summer starter or light lunch.
PS: there would be no reason not to buy the already poached salmon pieces – I am not a alchemeist when it comes to time saving ingredients. You can decide if you would like to serve your salmon cold or slightly warmed through.
- Large firm cucumber
- 250g natural yogurt (see note)
- 2 small cloves garlic – minced
- Handful of fresh herbs – I used mint, tarragon and parsley
- A good pinch of salt and pepper
- Optional: ginger
- 4 pieces of salmon fillets
- Very finely chopped cucumber
- Very finely chopped granny smith apple
- Very finely sliced courgette – I actually mean Julienne either by hand or with a very clever Julienne peeler or you could spiralize some courgetti
- Very finely sliced mange-tout or sugarsnaps
- Radish very finely sliced preferably on a mandolin (optional)
- Start by steaming or roasting (preheated oven 200c) the salmon. Both methods should not take more than 7/8 minutes (see note)
- Veg prep time, place all veg seperately on a large dinner plate and refrigerate
- Place all the ingredient in a food processor (except the salt and pepper) and whizz till smooth
- Seasoning is really important here. Add salt and pepper
Place a small amount of the thinly sliced courgette on the bottom of the bowl. Fill the bowl with the soup. Add salmon on top of the courgette. Add mange-tout on top of the salmon. Sprinkle the finely diced apple and cucumber and a few radish slices. Add a twist of black pepper to the soup.
–we are trying to avoid the nasty white protein oozing from the salmon which means in cooking terms: overcooked