Caramelised Fennel, Chard & Goats Cheese Quiche
PREP TIME: 40mins
COOKING TIME: 40mins
Oh, how I love a quiche! This family favourite tart is quick and easy to make.
I love the fact that there is no pastry making skills required!
I always have sheets of all butter puff pastry in the freezer ready to rustle up a quick lunch or dinner. Here are two more quick & easy recipes to try, rainbow carrot tart & a fennel and mushroom tart.
The caramelised fennel is so delicious and really elevates the quiche and I am finding other ways to eat the fennel too!
Getting Ahead: the caramelised fennel and cooked chard can be made a day ahead.
Seasonal Swaps: you can swop the chard for kale or baby spinach.
Serve alongside a simple salad and I love the addition of a homemade tomato & chilli jam.
What you'll need:
34cm x 12cm loose bottomed tart tin
- 125ml apple cider vinegar
- 90g brown sugar
- 300g fennel, cleaned and thickly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 250ml cream
- 1 teaspoon dijon
- 2 sheets all butter puff pastry
- 80g chard, cooked and chopped
- 50g chèvre goats cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220c.
- To caramelise the fennel, mix together the vinegar and sugar in a bowl. Add the fennel slices to a small roasting tray and top with the sugar mixture, mix well and cover with foil. Roast for 15 minutes, remove the foil and roast for a further 15 minutes until the fennel is sticky and tender. Remove and set aside.
- Turn the oven down to 180c.
- Whisk the eggs, cream and mustard together, season with salt and pepper.
- Turn the pastry to the size of the tart tin, line the tart tin, overlapping the pastry sheets in the centre of the tart tin. Gently press the pastry in the tin and the corners.
- Gently pour half the egg mixture in the tart tin, top with the chard, add the remaining egg mixture and top with the caramelised fennel. Dollop the goats cheese over the tart and bake for 40 minutes until golden.
- To serve, remove the tart from the case and serve alongside the salad.