Chickpea, Spinach & Mushroom Sauce
PREP TIME: 10mins
COOKING TIME: 10mins
Quick and easy indulgence! I could eat this everyday! Creamy mushrooms, chickpeas and lots of spinach, this sauce is perfect stirred through pasta, topped over a baked potato or brown rice.
Swirl through some cooked tagliatelle pasta – bliss.
I love this on top of a baked potato or sweet potato.
- 250g mushrooms finely sliced (I love Shitake)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 250ml organic cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped herbs of choice (tarragon or Italian parsley would be the star here)
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 180g spinach, washed & dried, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup finely grated pecorino
- lots of pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- Heat the butter or oil in a medium saucepan until bubbly
- Add the mushrooms and fry until golden and cooked through, add the garlic and stir until fragrant 3 minutes.
- Add the cream and chickpeas and stir until heated through, season with two pinches of salt.
- Add the chopped spinach and stir through until the spinach is wilted (5 minutes)
- Add the pecorino and lots of freshly cracked pepper and season to taste.
- Add the herbs and taste once more. Serve & Enjoy!