Date, Almond & Cocoa Bliss Balls
PREP TIME: 15mins
COOKING TIME: mins
Talk about delicious! These chocolate morsels have a fudge-y consistency that’s the perfect afternoon pick me up and make a great lunchbox treat.
Store in the freezer of fridge
What you'll need:
- 24 soft medjool dates (pitted by hand)
- 1/2 cup (80g) almonds
- 1/4 cup (25g) raw cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup (140g) desiccated coconut
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c
- Toast almonds in the oven till lightly golden and fragrant – remove and cool
- Place the desiccated coconut on the tray and bake till fragrant and lightly golden, cool slightly and place in a bowl or tupperware
- Place the dates, almonds, cocoa and coconut oil in a food processor and process until the mixture comes together. You can decide how chunky or smooth you would like the balls
- Roll a tablespoon of the date mixture (a large tablespoon) into small balls and place on the plate with the coconut, roll till completely covered in the coconut mixture.
- Store in a container in the fridge or freezer
It is very important when sourcing nuts that you READ THE LABEL we are looking for RAW and UNPASTEURISED, it the label does not say if its been unpasteurised then you can assume it it. All nuts from the USA have to be pasteurised by law. Please see my ETHICAL SOURCING tips for more.
Look for soft ‘fresh’ dates, they normally sell these in a box and you can find these at the fresh fruit section.
Where to find: