Hassleback Baby Potatoes with Parsley Pesto
PREP TIME: 5mins
COOKING TIME: 20mins
Well hello flavour!
Crunchy potatoes with a fresh & zingy pesto made with parsley, basil, lemon and toasted pumpkin seeds.
The perfect dish to sit along something bbq’d or something more traditional like a Sunday lunch.
I love to play around with different pestos and the addition of pumpkin seeds (which I toasted) makes a lovely addition, and lets face its a 100 times cheaper than pine nuts! You can use toasted sunflower seeds too.
The recipe makes more pesto than you need but extra will be a delicious addition to salads, bruschetta or pasta.
Serves 2 with lots or 4 as a tiny side
What you'll need:
A food processor for the pesto.
- 1kg baby potatoes
- flaky sea salt
- olive oil
- 20g Italian parsley, leaves only
- 20g basil, leaves only
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/2 tspn salt
- juice 1/2 small lemon
- zest whole lemon
- 1/2 cup fantastic olive oil
- Preheat oven 220c.
- Boil the water and add the baby potatoes, simmer for 10 minutes until the potatoes are soft but still holding their shape. Drain the potatoes and let them steam and cool down a bit. Make little incisions, close to each other, across the potatoes (see pic) with a sharp knife, trying not to cut through ~ its not a train smash if you do!
- Add potatoes to a roasting tin, drizzle generously with oil and roast for 30 minutes, drizzle with a little bit more oil and roast until crispy, about 15 to 20 minutes. Season with flaky sea salt.
- Meanwhile, whizz all the pesto ingredients (except the oil) together, trickle in the oil and mix until a paste forms, you might want to add more oil for a looser paste.
- To serve, either drizzle the pesto onto the little potatoes or serve the pesto alongside for everyone to help themselves too.