Roasted Beetroot with Whipped Goats Cheese & Dill
PREP TIME: mins
COOKING TIME: mins
- 1 bunch (650g) small sized beetroots, scrubbed clean
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- plenty of salt & pepper
- 100g goats cheese (chevre style)
- 4 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- zest of 1/2 lemon and a tiny squeeze of juice
- flaky sea salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons dill
- 1/4 cup toasted seeds ( I used pumpkin and sunflower)
- Preheat the oven to 200c
- Divide the beetroot into two groups and place each set on a separate large pieces of foil. Drizzle each set of beetroot with 1 tablespoon vinegar and olive oil, season well with salt and pepper. Wrap each set tightly, so that any steam created stays inside the parcel. Roast until the beetroot are totally tender and cooked through, checking them after about 45 minutes.
- While the beetroots are roasting, let’s make the goats cheese dip. Add the goats cheese, honey and yogurt to a food processor and season well with a good pinch of salt. Blitz until smooth, scraping the bowl a few times and blitz again. At first the mixture will seem stiff but it will soften as you blitz. Season with the lemon zest, tiny squeeze of lemon juice, salt & pepper.
- Back to the beetroot. Open the parcel and let the beetroots cool slightly. Gently peel the beetroot with a paper towel. Halve the beetroots if large or simply keep whole. Place them with any of the parcel juices in a bowl and season well with salt and pepper.
- To serve swirl the goats cheese on a fancy plate, add the beetroot, dill and finally the toasted seeds, a final drizzle with olive oil, flaked sea salt and pepper. Enjoy!