Roasted Broccolini with Brown Butter, Cumin and Hazelnuts
PREP TIME: 5mins
COOKING TIME: 15mins
Quick and easy side that absolutely ‘wows’ in flavour. Roasted broccolini smothered in a caramelised flavour butter – bliss.
The hazelnuts and cumin seeds add crunchy texture, while the honey and cayenne balance the depth and richness.
Thank you Carolina at Food 52 for the recipe
- 400g broccolini, trimmed
- 1/4 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- drizzle of honey
- pinch of cayenne pepper (chilli flakes)
- olive oil
- flaky sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven on 220c.
- Add the broccolini to a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Roast for 12-15 minutes or until the broccoli is still bright green, tender and starting to slightly char around the edges.
- Meanwhile toast the hazelnuts in a small (dry) pan over medium heat for 4 minutes, occasionally shaking the pan (they’ll smell slightly toasty but still be pale at this point). Turn the heat to medium-low, then add the cumin and black pepper. Toast for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the butter to the pan, over the hazelnuts and spices. Sizzle everything for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the butter starts to smell toasty (amazing!) and turns a light golden colour. Turn off the heat.
- Pour the butter mixture all over the roasted broccolini. Use tongs to toss to coat. Transfer to a platter, then finish with a drizzle of honey and pinch each of cayenne and flaky salt. Enjoy!